When people ask us how long it takes to replace a roof, we can give you an estimate, but the time it takes to replace a roof can vary by several factors.
The length of time it takes for a professional roofer in Troy to replace your roof depends on the size of your home, the type of roof, and the weather. It can take anywhere from 1-3 days to complete.
Factors That Determine Roof Replacement Time In Troy
The following factors will influence how long it takes to replace a roof in Troy:
1. Weather In Troy, Michigan
- Additional processes and time are essential if the roofing is being renovated during the winter.
- It’s also a good idea to avoid replacing roofing in the rain or snow, as this might extend the time it takes as well as the cost to repair the roof.
- Cold weather may have an impact on the way asphalt shingles stick and seal. When the air and surface temperatures are at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, extra caution is advised when handling or installing asphalt shingles.
- If you have a roof that’s covered with snow, it can be hazardous and unsafe for our roofing crews.
2. Troy Roofing Materials and Design
- The different materials that shingles come in require different methods and times for installation.
- The following are the most frequent shingle kinds and their usual replacement times:
- Asphalt Shingles – 1 to 3 days
- Concrete Tiles – 9 to 10 days
- Slate Tiles – 6 to 7 days
- Wooden Shingles – 6 to 8 days
- As with all other aspects of your roofing project, the design you choose will affect how long it takes to replace your roof. The more complex or intricate the design, the longer it will take to install.
3. Total House Size
- Your roof will take longer to replace if your home is large. It will take longer to replace the roof of a large home than a small home.
- Roofing contractors usually price their services on a per square foot basis. 100 square feet is called a “roofing square”.
ROOFING MAINTENANCE REMINDER:
At the very least, once a year, inspect your roof. Roofs should be inspected after every major storm, in addition to an annual examination. Storms with heavy hail, lightning, severe winds, tornadoes, or blizzards in the winter can all cause major roof damage.
4. The Steepness of the Roof
- The installation of additional safety equipment for the roofing team will be required if the roof is too steep to walk across or if materials and tools will slip off of it.
- Shallow pitch roofs are best installed with special underlayment to slow the runoff of water and to prevent water backups. These conditions will increase the length of time it takes to install the new roof.
5. Historical Significance of Home
- Some of the older houses in Troy have been classified as historical sites. These homes require extra attention and time to ensure that both their historical and structural integrity are preserved.
- You may need to obtain permits for historical homes, depending on local regulations.
6. Accessibility of your Roof
- Some homes in Troy have extensive landscaping and rows of plants, making access to the roof challenging.
- It can be difficult to transport equipment in and out of dense metropolitan locations because other houses are so close to yours.
- There isn’t a paved driveway and there isn’t enough parking.
7. Structural Damage
- Roof replacement in Troy can be quite fast if only the shingles need to be replaced.
- Additional repairs to the roof deck or other aspects of the house beneath the shingles can greatly extend the project’s overall time.
Do You Have More Questions About Roof Replacement In Troy?
A roof replacement project can take anything from one day to two weeks to complete. The entire project time will be influenced by a variety of factors. At Troy Roofing Repair Cost (RRC), we make every attempt to accurately estimate the time required to replace a roof.
We can answer any questions you may have about roof replacement, and we can also help you with any questions you may have about your roof. Call us at 313-513-4908.